Glenman Corporation Ltd requires an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be based in our Headquarters in Galway and travel to sites will be required. Glenman works across multiple sectors including Residential, Education, Hotels/Leisure, Commercial, Healthcare and Public Works.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- The EHS Manager will ensure that the company management systems, ISO 45001 & ISO 14001 accredited, for all the projects and the business are implemented and maintained.
- Provide advice, guidance, instruction and training in all EHS matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including where applicable to sub-contractors, suppliers and visitors to sites).
- Provide leadership and coordination of the day-to-day EHS requirements of the projects.
- Carry out audits, inspections & incident investigation reports, establishes corrective and preventive actions to prevent reoccurrence and continuous improvements.
- In conjunction with the site teams prepare H&S Plans, Traffic Management Plans, RAMS and associated H&S site documents.
- Participate in site meetings, report on business EHS risks, trends and recommend constructive actions towards continuous improvements.
- Preparation / compilation of various elements of Pre-Qualification submissions including but not limited to EHS aspects of same.
- Relevant third level H&S qualification
- A minimum of 3 Years’ Experience in EHS in the construction industry. (Previous experience of working with a Main Building Contractor preferable)
- Familiarity with current H&S and environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Full Driving License
- Ability to work with client / main contractor Safety and Project teams.
- Proactive in identifying positive and negative acts, ability to follow through with realistic corrective and preventive actions.
- IT Proficient – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and E-Mail
- IOSH Member
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate. To apply for this position, please email your CV and Cover Letter email@example.com
Glenman Corporation Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job email your details to SDowd@glenman.ie