Glenman Corporation require an Estimator to join our team. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Senior Estimator and must have strong negotiation skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and deliver estimates which reflect current market conditions, whilst adhering to stringent deadlines.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Estimating role.
- A degree in Quantity Surveying.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Identify opportunities within tender documents.
- Liaise with suppliers and collect quotes on materials and subcontract packages.
- Schedule time-frame for required labour, equipment, and materials, and sub-contractual arrangements.
- Track actual costs against the estimate and identify possible improvements to processes.
- To work within the tender team to achieve the best net cost estimate.
- Work in the tender team giving financial input for all programme, temporary works and other associated issues
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in estimating / quantity surveying within Build / Main Contractor Environment.
- Exposure to estimating for public tenders would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience in tender preparation and submission.
- Excellent IT skills required, experience of On-Screen Digital Take off and Estimating Software an advantage.
- Strong commercial awareness with the ability to interpret contract documents from a commercial perspective.
- A positive ”can do” approach, determined to succeed, generates a sense of energy and urgency.
- Strong opportunity for career development.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidates depending on experience. To apply for this position, please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Glenman Corporation Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job email your details to SDowd@glenman.ie